Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Where is Life's Pause Button?

Isla Ann Brown is the last little member of our family, The Brown Family is finally complete. She is now about 9 1/2 months old. Isla has 6 front teeth; 4 tops and 2 bottoms. She has more hair at this point than both of her sisters, I actually got a ponytail in already! She can get anywhere she wants to because she has been rolling around for almost 5 months; for about 1 month has been getting on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth; and in the last week or so has started the army crawl stage. And here in the near future, she will be done with the crawling stage altogether and will be on to bigger and better things...WALKING!!

Isla is funny because when she was first starting to laugh, she would giggle here and there, but I was thinking maybe she would have a more serious personality because it was quite a feat to get the big belly laughs; you basically needed to be overly ridiculous! Haha! But now it's the opposite! She says mama and dada, along with all sorts of other "words"... And I think she may be starting to distinguish which is which :-)

Other funny things she does starting with the most recent: She growls, I don't know where she got it but she does it all the time! She just started blowing spit bubbles and laughs when they pop. During long car rides (there have been quite a few this summer) she will grip both sides of her carseat and shake her whole body back and forth. She clicks her tongue louder than both Kasey and I combined. She shakes her head as if she were saying "no" so hard, I did it back at her to keep her doing it and gave myself a headache!! She breaks silence with a brief, random yell just to get a smile and then may continue with longer ones to get a laugh. She twirls her hands and feet while bobbing her head, this doesn't happen as much anymore which is too bad, because it was so cute to watch her syncronize all of her movements :-)

I find myself a little sad when she grows out of a size of clothing and although I am so excited for her when she accomplishes a new milestone, it can be a little bittersweet. Bittersweet only because I didn't realize that it would be so hard to let go, once miss Isla has outgrown her clothes there isn't an excuse to keep every piece of clothing that any of them have ever owned, and when she no longer rolls everywhere because she can crawl, or communicates with words instead of the babbling. Life moves too quickly and pretty soon Isla won't be a baby anymore. All I can do right now is savor each moment while it is here and know that even though the baby stage may come to an end, they will continue to experience and learn new things and each chapter is just as new and exciting...

2 comments:

  1. Cute post... I worte a comment earlier but noticed it didn't show up:) Anyways, I bet her growl is the best!!!! I loved reading the funny things she does; they made me laugh and smile!!

    I responded to your comment on my blog.. check it out...just fyi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get sad when Paige is growing up sizes too! They grow way too fast. :)

    ReplyDelete