Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Accident at Work

Last week, November 4, 2009 Kasey got hurt at work. He's been working at the Dave Johnston Power Plant - 30 minutes or so from Casper. They have been installing lights, receptacles, wires, etc... to a new chimney that they are building, a whopping 500 feet in the air.

I had just got home from dropping Mikenna off at school, barely pulled into the driveway, when I got a call from Kasey. He told me that a coworker was taking him to the hospital, and of course I panicked and asked him who, what, when, where, why and how in a matter of minutes! :) He told me that it wasn't serious and to put the baby down for a nap and get Adiee ready for tumbling - which is what was on the agenda for that day, and he would call me when he knew more. He spent about 3 1/2 hours in the ER, while I was running around town doing my errands. We pulled up at the exact same time - weird, haha :-) My poor husband got out of the truck with crutches and a fat lip.

What happened was he and a few coworkers were changing a man climber(?) when it slipped off of a platform 250 feet in the air and fell 10 feet - with Kasey in it. Ugh, it absolutely makes me sick thinking about it - he had fall protection on so if it were to keep going he wouldn't have gone with it, but still!! Yikes!! The bucket fell until the cable caught, jerking his whole body. His foot was badly sprained, he smacked his face on the edge biting through his lip and chipping a tooth. And to top it off, also got whip lash.

Can you all believe that he went to work the next day? I felt so bad for him, when he got home you could just tell he was in immense pain. I told him to call the guys and tell them that he wasn't going to make it in the next day, he needed to rest and get better. My poor hubby!! :-(

Thank goodness he's alright!!! And yes, that makes a second ER trip in a week or two... Jeez!

No comments:

Post a Comment