Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween '09

This year for Halloween, my girls picked their costumes - this is the first time that I didn't have a hand in what they were.

Mikenna picked a bride costume - which totally suits her because she is obsessed with finding her "prince charming" and getting married. She always asks me if she can marry daddy... It's funny because I say, "No, I am already married to daddy." And she tells me, "Mom, you need to share!" Haha!

Adiee Grace had such a hard time picking just one. She went through all sorts of costumes (I basically followed her and hung up the last costume she was replacing...) until she found an angel costume -complete with a halo and wings. It totally suits her because after all, she is our little angel! :)

Isla was a lady bug. We already had the costume from when Mikenna was little - I wanted to use it again because it was just adorable and more importantly WARM!

Mikenna and Adiee loved their costumes so much that they wore them everyday when we were home, from the time we got them til the big day! The weekend before Halloween, we went to the rec center where they hold an annual carnival with games and a haunted house. Then on Friday, Adiee's preschool had a Halloween Party where they went trick-or-treating through the building, did a couple games and crafts, then had a snack! I felt so bad for Mikenna this year because her school didn't have a party, she couldn't even wear her costume to school which was a major bummer! Poor girl! On Halloween we were quite the busy little family... We stopped at my mom's house to trick-or-treat and then stopped at my grandma's. After we were done there, we went to Kasey's brother's house and went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. Although the weather was clear, it was still freezing because the wind was ridiculous. When we decided that enough was enough, we made our last stop at the elk's lodge for some more Halloween fun, my cousin was helping out at the party there and wanted us to stop by. The girls participated in a few games before we went home and then to BED!!

Whew! Why do we do this to ourselves?? :)

Pictures to follow~

No comments:

Post a Comment