Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tooth Drama

This morning Mikenna jumped into our bed and woke us up... She said that her tooth hurt really bad, so I took a look at it and it was sticking straight out - it was barely loose to begin with, I thought that it would be awhile before that tooth fairy visited us again... ;) We asked her what the heck she did to it and she told us that she fell out of bed! I didn't question her because she seemed like she was in pain, but I knew that she either is a very talented faller or she was fibbing. Hehe :) There wasn't much we could do because she didn't want to pull it just yet because it was hurting her - so we decided to leave it alone for a while and check on it later. She eventually told me that she didn't really fall out of bed (go figure! haha) and that she bit down on one of her play food french fries and made the tooth really loose... She thought she was going to get in trouble for doing that?!? Silly girl!

Tonight, she came out into the living room and said that she wanted her tooth gone. I think she regretted saying that once we started. :) We gave her a napkin like last time and she tried to pull it herself; no luck. Kasey tried; no luck. I even gave it a go; still no luck! It was a slippery little tooth! So Kasey decided to tie a piece of floss to it and do the "slam the door" routine (which I was against! Too scary!) After watching another kid doing it online she got an "if that girl could do it, so can I" attitude and she actually let Kasey slam the door; but the floss slipped right off! Kasey tied it onto the tooth again and Mikenna said, "Just let me pull it." So she did! How brave is that?!?!
Right after the tooth came out, the timer for dinner went off. Just in time! Kasey and I teased her that we were going to have to puree everything into a smoothie since all of her teeth are falling out. She took a bite of dinner and said, "Hey, this doesn't taste like ice cream!" HILARIOUS!!! :-)
Quite the ordeal! :) And it was all, or most of it was, caught on tape! :-) haha!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute memory!! And a brave little girl... just wants to do it herself:) I LOVE her comment about dinner!! TOO funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...she is just the cutest girl ever. Plastic play food has caused us some drama also, lol! What a brave girl, and I hope the tooth fairy is ready for many more visits to your house.

    ReplyDelete