Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Monday, March 1, 2010

Mister Mom

Lately, the economy has been taking a toll on us. Work has been non-existent for 3 months and counting with no end in sight for now. So, we thought I would get a little job for now and let Kasey do the stay-at-home daddy thing for a while until things pick back up. It was a blast being able to be together so much, but we also don't want to dig a hole that we will have to climb out of later.

I was at Wal-mart last week getting more rubber bands for the girls' hair (we go through them pretty quickly because we have 3 of them... haha :-) ) and while I was in the check-out I saw a "Now Hiring" sign outside the old business I worked at before and while I was pregnant with Mikenna. So, I decided to go on in and see what they would say. I wasn't sure if Debbie (my old manager) was going to hug or slap me! haha!! She wasn't too happy when I told her that I wouldn't be back after I had miss Mikenna, but it turns out she was really excited to have me back. It's a pretty good job and I enjoy doing it (for the most part). It is definitely very wierd working there again, that's for sure!

This role-reversal has been kind of fun, Kasey gets to see how it is running errands, preparing some of the meals, driving the kids to and from their school, dance, and tumbling classes, etc... Turns out, there is quite a bit to do when you are the only one doing it! ;-) While I have been able to see what it's like to get dressed up, interact with adults, and not hear any whining, tattling, or crying - but with that, means no laughing, smiles, or kisses. I miss Kasey and the girls to pieces while I'm gone (and it was only my first day) which has been really hard but I know they are in the best hands possible ;-) They have never been in a daycare, and I would like to keep it that way - it's just not for us!! :)

Once Kasey gets the call from Modern, things will go back to the way they used to be, but for now we are enjoying stepping into each others shoes... :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are working things out. I'm sorry things have been hard. What a good experience for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a hard one...going back to work. Your just lucky that Kasey is such a good dad, and can get things done. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete