Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Two Week Notice

Or more like 6-week notice! haha :) I am pretty excited to go back to doing what I love and what I do best which is taking care of my family and home! I missed it so much!! Kasey is ready to go back to work and "provide" for his family. It has been a humbling experience for the both of us though. It gave us a new perspective and appreciation for each other and though we have always been grateful for and to one another, we now know what it's like to walk a mile in each others shoes. I now know what it's like to be on my aching feet all day, and be away from the family for hours at a time and occasionally miss a field trip or whatever... Kasey now knows what it's like to take the kids to school, tumbling, dance, run errands, pay bills, make dinner, clean house, etc... When I'm at work, I interact with adults and get dressed up with somewhere to go; Kasey gets to spend more time with the girls than ever before. Both can be hard and yet rewarding on many different levels.

Kasey had his drug test and physical for his new job today and had to travel to Riverton to do so. I took the day off from work and stayed home with the girls. I must say that I have really missed being just a mommy. Kasey left early this morning and when I got up I cleaned the house from top to bottom, baked a cake, played in the backyard with the kiddos, oh - and updated my blog ;) All the things I used to do all the time. I know that it's only been 2 months since I started working, but it feels like it's been waaay longer! Perhaps it's because I went from being a stay at home mom to working a full 40-hour week, every week - and the fact that Kasey makes more than I do sitting at home... hahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment