Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mikenna is 6!

Mikenna is growing like a weed... Just look at her, she has transformed into a "big" kid!! Her attitude has also made a flying leap in that direction too! Still a sweetheart but definitely with a twist of spunk.

On her actual birthday, Kasey was out of town working and was really sad to be missing his first born's birthday and Mikenna was understanding but bummed. I couldn't just let something as small as a 2 hour drive come between them so we decided to surprise him. He called that morning and Mikenna played along perfectly, telling him all about making cakes in the easy bake oven, the cupcakes, and how she wished he could be here, etc...
My goal was to leave at about noon, which never happens... At the last stoplight, I had to slow down quickly and my purse fell off the passenger seat and right on top of the cupcakes that we had decorated... Talk about irritation! And to boot were already an hour behind schedule... We still got there on time and when we did, we played at a park across from Kasey's station and waited for him to get off work. I called him because we had been waiting for about an hour and I asked him what he was doing. He said that he was working late and waiting for his supervisor to get there so he could do his operator qualifications, then asked me what I was doing. I told him we were at a park and I asked him how late he would be, he didn't know. I said, "That stinks because we are right across the street." He was so excited!! :) We went and looked at his office and then waited for him to get off.
We all went to dinner at Sanford's, then drove out to the sand dunes and played in the sand until the mosquitos came out and started munching on us all. Last stop was a park where we lit candles and sang happy birthday before we headed home.

We will be having her actual birthday party with friends at a later date...

1 comment:

  1. What a fun Birthday for all of you. I love your South Dakota pictures, I have always wanted to take the kids there...maybe some day. Hope the summer is going well for all of you. When do you move? We would love to have you come visit us.

    ReplyDelete