Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Daddy's HOME!!!

Kasey has been gone for 2 weeks in Salt Lake City doing all kinds of paperwork, safety training, and testing for his new job with ConocoPhillips. On the first day he drove to Rawlins to pick up his work truck, the next day he went to Rock Springs to attend a safety meeting, the company also paid for new fire-rated clothing and dropped 2 grand on that alone! And then he drove to Salt Lake where he got his work laptop, cell phone, etc.. and did all of his hiring paperwork and started the training process where he had to do hours and hours of testing.

I am so happy for him, because this job is what he has been after since he started his schooling and training, and for him to finally have achieved his goal is just amazing!! He is the newest Instrumentation and Electrician Technician (that's a lot of ician's!! haha) For short, his job title is I&E Technician. We aren't really looking forward to moving to Rawlins, but it will be a great way to gain experience, job stability and we will be able to transfer in a few years so for the time being we are going to look at it with our glasses half full - it's a new adventure...

I can't tell you how much I missed him! And I guess I didn't really know how much I missed him until he rolled up in front of the house!! I had the front door open and when I saw him pull up I yelled "Girls! Daddy's HOME!!" I picked up Isla and busted out the front door and when I saw him get out of his truck I just started bawling!!! I couldn't control myself!! Haha :-) We have never been apart for this long before!!

This is Kasey and his new work truck...pretty nice!! :) And he came bearing gifts... He brought Mikenna and Adiee this really pretty handmade glass heart for each of them - they really love little trinkets like this and are constantly toting them around. For Isla, he got this rubber bouncy horse that their tumbling studio has - something that they can all share. That thing is crazy, it can support up to like 400 pounds, so it is durable and that's always a plus with our crazy kiddos!! haha :) And for me, he went to Williams Sonoma and he got be this really pretty pink apron with the logo on it and some potato and veggie gloves - he is such a wonderful husband, I have been wanting an apron for a while and the gloves are pretty cool too! He knows what I like!! ;)

I'm really sad though, because he has to leave again on Monday to Billings, MT. But it isn't for as long so it's okay, plus he is going to meet up with an old friend and go to dinner while he's there. I'm excited for the girls' school and after school activities to wrap up so we can go on some of these trips with him!! :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like life is going really well for you and your fam. that's awesome! so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete