Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Adiee's First (Real) Haircut

I say "real" haircut, because miss Mikenna cut her hair when she was only 18 months... It was a very tragic day for me! Haha :) It hasn't been funny up until this moment, because she has spent the last 2 1/2 years trying to grow it back! She is in desperate need of a haircut because of all the different lengths. It took some talking her into, because she want's Rapunzel hair and she told Kasey, "When mom waters my hair, it goes all the way down here" (trying to reach her mid-back) It's the cutest thing! But we need to even it up!

Before:

See all those different lengths in her hair!

During:
She was so excited!!
Look at her!! She is LOVING getting her hair washed!
After:
Isn't she GORGEOUS!?!?!
Adiee's Actual First Haircut:
I had just got a ponytail in her hair for the first time and Mikenna had chopped it off before I had a chance to take a snapshot. I was sure this wasn't going to happen to me, I was always so careful about where I kept our scissors... I had just gotten done trimming Mikenna's bangs the day before and I didn't wait for her to leave the bathroom completely before I put the scissors away (in the medicine cabinet, behind everything, on the top shelf, on the opposite side of the toilet) So that means, that she had climbed onto the toilet, got onto the counter, walked over to the other side, opened the cabinet without falling off and retrieved those stinkin' scissors. The day it happened, I went upstairs to see what those little boogers were doing and it was sort of late in the afternoon so the lighting was dim in the hallway. I passed Mikenna coming out of my room and she was on her way down the stairs - "Hi, Mikenna"; "Hi mommy". I saw my bathroom light was the only one on so I went to see if Adiee was in there. Sure enough, she was sitting on the floor. I went to pick her up and noticed all these tiny slivers of hair on her clothes, so I brushed them off and then saw her ponytail was GONE!!! So, I screamed "Mikenna!!! Get up here now!!!" I was so incredibly mad at her! When she came into the bathroom, I took one look at her and just started bawling! Not only had she cut off Adiee's barely there hair, she had also cut off her own bangs and ponytails!! It was a sad day for me to say the least, I called a couple girlfriends who had girls so I could fall apart and they would understand... Kasey and my mom were the last on the list because I knew they were just going to laugh - and they did!! Well, needless to say, Mikenna didn't touch another pair of scissors until she was in preschool! And after it was all said and done, I was very thankful that there were no missing ears or fingers - no blood whatsoever. So it definitely could have been worse, that's for sure!! :)

Adiee and Isla were goofing off with clippies while Mikenna was getting her hair cut :)

No comments:

Post a Comment