Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of First Grade

I can't believe that my sweet Mikenna is already in first grade! We went to her open house to meet her teacher and her new classmates; but we were the only ones there and we stayed for quite a while! Mikenna's backpack was so full that she had to lean over to keep from falling over! :)
This is Miss Reed, her first grade teacher at Mountain View Elementary (they are planning on merging the three elementary schools in January 2011 so it will be Rawlins Elementary soon.)
I was so nervous for her: a new school, new teachers, new kids, new everything! I stayed in the doorway for a little bit to make sure that she was comfortable before I left her. She was much more shy with the teacher yesterday than with the kids today, so I'm relieved! :) She was talking with Mary, Kaden, and Gavin.
We all missed her so much while she was away!!
She wanted a to cut her hair shorter, so she has a very subtle a-line do now that is just adorable!
Before
We LOVE spending time at Noni's salon! :)

There wasn't much for supplies this year, but that's what her list called for... We went to Casper to get her supplies, clothes for all 3 of them, and to see Noni of course! ;) When we got to the stores there, they were picked clean - both Target and Walmart didn't have a pack of pencils in sight. I never wait this long, and now I realize why! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment